Always at the cutting edge of technology, Menzies purchased our first power driven vehicle in 1910. The distribution fleet was fully motorised within a decade.
Of the hundreds of Menzies’ employees who fought in WWI, one in six did not return home.
During WWII Air Raids in 1941, Menzies’ Partick bookstall and Greenock branch were destroyed.
Colonel Charles T. Menzies died in 1943. His widow, Helen Francis Menzies, was elected as his successor.
John Menzies (Holdings) Ltd. was incorporated in 1960.